“The fastest way to bank on the move” – that’s what Citibank is saying about their Citi Mobile services. I did a brief run through of mobile banking services available, I’ve to admit that Citi Mobile is by far the more user friendly and useful services for folks who’re always on the go and need accessing of their banking needs anytime anywhere.
In my personal opinion, what I’ll use for my mobile banking needs are:
- Access to my credit card bill, outstanding amount and due date cos I’m a heavy credit card user who always cannot remember the payment date and amount.
- Get alert on my phone when there’s fund transferred to my account. Especially useful when pay day is approaching.
- Pay bills and transfer funds on the go without having to search for an ATM.
- Find places with credit card discounts or privileges to dine.
Let’s see if Citi Mobile meets my expectations…
Citi Alerts allow users to request for their card and bank accounts balance, accounts transactions enquiry (for last four transactions) and the available credit line and outstanding credit card bill. This is exactly what I need! Often when I recall my credit card payment is due, I wouldn’t have got the bill with me. And I’ll have to call the customer service hotline where they will then ask me a whole series of questions before giving me my credit card outstanding amount! So troublesome can? With Citi Alerts, I’ll be able to check these information with a simple mobile request.
- Access to my credit card bill, outstanding amount and due date. CHECKED!
With the automatic Citi Alerts enabled, you will also receive an alert when:
- a GIRO credit is made to the account
- a transaction occurs on the credit or debit card
- an online payment or transfer is made
- a cheque has bounced, or when it has been cleared
- a credit card / Ready Credit payment has been received
- a Premium Account expires, Time Deposit is due to mature, or Time Deposit has matured
With so many automated alerts, guess another of my expected feature is met too!
- Get alert on my phone when there’s fund transferred to my account. Especially useful when pay day is approaching. CHECKED
Funds transfer & bill payment with Citi Mobile is simple and can be done in a breeze. You can perform to transfer and payment own or any Citibank accounts, other banks accounts (both local and oversea) and bill payment to any services and company who accepts internet payment.
- Pay bills and transfer funds on the go without having to search for an ATM. CHECKED!
Oh! And you don’t need to carry an extra thinggy for a One-Time Password nor wait for an SMS. It shows right on your screen when requested! Nicely done!
An important features I look for when I apply for a credit card is whether or not it has privileges that will fit my lifestyle. Types of discounts at dining places, shopping and others privileges offered by the credit card will affect my decision to take it up or not.
Citibank understanding the needs of his customers, they’ve also included a publicly accessible Citibank Gourmet Pleasures listing on their Citi Mobile. Citibank Gourmet Pleasures is a dining privileges programme that offers Singapore’s widest selection of dining deals with Citibank credit cards. With Citi Mobile, customers on-the-go can search via cuisine type or location to identify the best dining deals offered with Citibank credit cards, as well as the latest promotions and offers. This is one of the most popular functions in both Citi Mobile and Citibank Online.
One more and my final requests for mobile services is made too!
- Find places with credit card discounts or privileges to dine. CHECKED!
If you would like to find out more about Citi Mobile and Citi Alert, go watch the video by Thomas and Susan. Episode 4 of “Smart Living with Citi” is on Citi Mobile and Citi Alert service. Go watch it and you’ll know why its user friendly and convenient.
Visit www.citibank.com.sg/citimobile for details
Disclaimer: Citibank is a client of 24seven. Post is written based on my understanding and trial with the services.