Just completed my sharing at Tampines Regional Library on ‘Parenting in the New Infocomm Age’ Seminar - Using New Infocomm To Improve Primary Children’s School Subjects.
If you were at the seminar, hello and thanks for coming by. As promised, here are the list of resources which I’d shared about earlier. If you have any questions for me, feel free to post them in the comment section below this post.
For those who weren’t at the seminar, the resources below were shared with the parents present. I demonstrated how these can be used to teach and learn with their primary school children.
Mathematics and Science
- Thinking Blocks for Word Problem
- Digital Manipulative for Mathematics
- Science Resources by edumall.sg
- Singapore Mathematical Olympiad – details and resources (as requested by a lady in the audience)
- Learning English Kids with British Council
- eResources for Children by our Public Library
- Chinese Resources by edumall.sg
- Malay Resources by edumall.sg
- Tamil Resources by edumall.sg
Other Resources and Sites
- Common Craft – videos explaining technology in simple english and illustrations
- Instructables.com – instructional videos for many everyday tasks and things
- eHow.com – instructional information for many tasks and situations
- The Asian Parent – parenting tips and resources
- Kiasu Parents – parenting tips and resources
- Tampines@live – For the folks living/ wanting to live/ visit Tampines East
- U Family – For everyone and those who wants to participate
Nice meeting Nura and her family at the seminar too.
Videos of my presentation are up on YouTube thanks to IDA. Embedding them here for your reference.
This video is summary of the entire event. For your viewing pleasure…