Its vegetarian, organic and oh-so-goooood!!! First tasted this on my bestfriend’s wedding day. Her mother-in-law made it and all those who were at the Groom’s place got to try this! I had many many bowls that day! *greedy* It was so so good! Since then (Jan2010) I’d been trying to find the ingredients, and finally got down to hunting it down while I was planning for 24seven’s Popiah Party.
Say hello to Awesome Oraganic Soy + Seaweed Jello!
If you would like to make this simple and healthy dessert, read on…
Ingredients you’ll need to make this Awesome Dessert…
1. Brown Sugar Seaweed, 黑糖珊瑚草 also known as 黑糖海燕窝
This is only available at…
Blk 421 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10
#01-1165 Singapore 560421
Its Product of Taiwan
This is the only place I can find it. Tried many other organic/ vegetarian shops but failed to find it. If you know of any other places that sell this, please let me know!
2. Organic Soya Milk
You can use any brand you like. OR if you prefer, can use non-organic one too. But then it’ll not be as healthy and awesome! :P This you can buy from all leading supermarket.
That’s it! Simple right? The steps to making it are even more shockingly simple!
- Boil a pot of water, when the water is boiled, throw in the cubes of Brown Sugar Seaweed, stir and continue boiling till it dissolves. Taste the liquid, if its too sweet, add more boiling water, if its not sweet enough, add in another cube of Brown Sugar Seaweed. (This takes a little trial and error for the first time. I’d boiled the pack of 6 cubes of Brown Sugar Seaweed in approximately 1.8-2.4 litre of water. Depending on how sweet you want your jello to taste.)
- After boiling, use a sieve with fine holes to sieve out the tiny black residues from the seaweed. Pour the liquid into containers that’ll fit into your fridge.
- Leave the liquid to cool before refrigerating.
- Leave it to solidify for few hours in the fridge. The amount of time needed depends on how concentrated your liquid is and how cold the temperature of your fridge is. :P
- Once its done, scoop the jello and pour in your organic soya milk.
- Serve cold or add some ice to chill it.
Here’s how it’ll look when served! Voice in the background is Diana’s!
That’s it! Your Awesome Oraganic Soy + Seaweed Jello is done! Go try it!
I’m having this everyday!
I can’t wait to have my own kitchen! I want to cook more and blog about it! This is so fun! Need to find someone to clean up the mess after I’m done cooking though. *hint hint abang*